A bit of real-life humor this morning. An associate of mine recently sent me an email, referring to a meeting he had with a business planning consultant.
Enjoy this excerpt.
BTW – The meeting today reconfirmed these important basic business truths:
- One should never wear a tie that has recognizable pictures on it. Much less, multiple pictures of what appears to be Wife and Daughter.
- A blue and white checked shirt should not be worn with a tie that has recognizable pictures on it.
- One should not hang a picture that is framed with a “furry frame” in an area of the office that is designated for use in holding meetings with potential clients. Jet black, 5 inch long, uncombed polyester-based hair on the furry picture frame makes the “no-no” very big.
- One can easily fix the fact that their business cell phone plays sampled riffs from the band Rush during business meetings.
- One can easily fix the fact that their home phone message device plays the theme from the Adams Family.
- 60 to 80 hours at $125 per hour for helping with a financial plan (only) is a little too much.
- Despite his hard sell and offer to discount his 60 to 80 hours at $125 per hour we cannot give up any equity to a guy who has a furry picture frame on the wall of his client conference room.