Why should California have all the fun? :) We are beginning to see a number of startups here in Georgia that fall into one or more of the following niches:
- collective intelligence
- social media
- interactive / online communities / social networks
- software-as-a-service (SaaS) / ASP
These are mostly bootstrapped endeavors. Some are seeking capital, others are not. If you know of one not on this list, drop me a line so I can update it. Be sure to include a link to their web site as well. These are presented in alphabetical order.
- AdBuyNet.com – marketplace for online video ads (not yet launched)
- BikerWorlds – a new online community for bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts
- Blue Violin – an automated web testing platform that is in alpha now – SaaS model
- Brandeo – a very niche marketing services platform for smalll-to-midsize businesses (early stages of development)
- CollegeMedium.com – a new classifieds site that connects college students with companies and with one another
- EyDew.com – Social network with a focus on “what you’ve accomplished.”
- Evoca – audio publishing to the web, blogs, etc. via telephone, mic, etc.
- Georgia Podcast Network – Georgia’s best podcasts in one place!
- HiddenMarket – a community-driven business intelligence network (shameless plug)
- Kaneva – Currently focusing on media sharing, soon to be launching their 3D virtual world (where media sharing takes on a completely new face)
- MediaHound.biz – helps companies accelerate the ROI of marketing decisions through automated analysis
- PeachPods.com – Home of PeachPodStudios – mobile broadcast quality podcasting service in Atlanta
- Preparis – helping companies prepare for 21st century threats leveraging a new software portal product
- SalesQB – Develops sales effectiveness solutions that improve deal-closing stats for aspiring sales MVPs
- ThePort – providers of blogging, RSS, and wiki technology for companies
- TheRetailTradeCenter – a virtual trade show community aimed at connecting technology providers and retailers